This position supervises a team of environmental specialists to provide clear direction on existing and emerging regulatory requirements and supplies appropriate management systems to deliver compliance.
- Ensure appropriate environmental management systems are established and documented to provide sustainable compliance for existing and emerging environmental issues. Ensures essential compliance tasks as written deliver compliance.
- Ensure adequate training is in place for all positions responsible for delivery of compliance obligations and appropriate competencies are identified.
- Network with BP groups, industry members and government agencies on environmental issues to keep abreast of regulatory compliance initiatives or enforcement practices. Monitor state rules and ensure management systems are updated for compliance as necessary.
- Develop long term compliance, permitting and environmental performance strategy planning. Assure integration with business strategy team. Proactively communicate environmental compliance strategies to Whiting Refinery
- Ensure refinery changes receive appropriate environmental FEL and documentation of review. Maintain and apply for necessary permits. Negotiate permits to maximize operational flexibility and reduce cost/complexity of compliance.
- Serve as primary contact point with IDEM/EPA technical and inspection personnel.
- Provide oversight and review to staff work products, elevate issues to management – HSSE and/or Ops/Technical/Maintenance as needed.
Essential experience and job requirements
- Able to see emerging regulatory and business goals and have the skills (technical/communication and leadership) to determine complimentary environmental strategies to support sustained excellent environmental performance.
- Capable of developing and identifying MI and using it to drive performance.
- Capable of presenting to plant leadership team and developing same.
- Capable of developing multi-year plans, supervising technical and non-technical and representing BP to agencies, NGO's, and the community.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com