POSITIONS: Utility Vegetation Management Senior
STARTING DATE: Immediately. Resumes accepted until suitable candidate is selected
The Davey Resource Group (DRG) is currently hiring a senior consulting utility forester to work with a major electric utility system and address its forestry needs.
POSITION LOCATION: Shreveport, LA
SENIOR UTILITY FORESTER DUTIES:
- Manage and oversee daily vegetation operations and lead a team of up to 15 foresters
- Maintain vegetation management tree trimming and inspection schedule
- Build a culture of safety and excellence
- Provide contractor support and respond to customer complaints and concerns
- Interact with local public agencies (i.e. State, County, City, Fire Department, etc.)
- Conduct grid reviews, inspections, and crew safety observation reports
- Provide status reports for management
- Two or four year degree in horticulture, forestry, urban forestry, environmental science, natural resources or related discipline
- 2yrs utility right of way vegetation management experience
- International Society for Arboriculture (ISA) certified arborist
- Organizational skills, excellent communication skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to work and hike in rugged terrain and inclement weather
- Clean DMV driving record and ability to drive and operate a 4x4 vehicle
- Self-driven desire to improve processes and procedures for client and company goals.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Full time position. Wage depends on qualifications and experience. DRG offers competitive wages, incentive programs, excellent benefits and F/T positions include option to buy Company stock after 1yr, access to industry related training materials and Davey Extension Courses.
Pre-employment drug screen and Social Security Number verification required. The Davey Tree Expert Company and DRG are employee owned and are Equal Opportunity Employers.
CONTACT: Visit Davey’s website (jobs.davey.com) for additional job opportunities and company information.