POSITION: Associate Consultant to Urban Forestry (San Jose/Santa Clara County)
STARTING DATE: Immediately. Resumes accepted until suitable candidates are selected.
Davey Resource Group (DRG), a division of The Davey Tree Expert Company, has an opportunity in the field of urban forestry as an associate consultant working with residential, commercial, and government clients.
POSITION LOCATION: San Jose/Santa Clara County Region. Periodic travel after initial orientation. Flexible work shifts.
- Perform tree assessments and field inventories
- Pest identification and monitoring
- Review civil, architectural, and landscape architecture plans, details, and specifications for conflicts with trees and monitor construction projects
- Prepare tree preservation plans, specifications, and reports
- Two or four year degree in horticulture, forestry, urban forestry, environmental science, natural resources or related discipline
- International Society for Arboriculture (ISA) certified arborist and ability to obtain, or currently possess, Tree Risk Assessment Qualification (TRAQ)
- Background/experience in urban forestry or landscape architecture, and data collection/field computers
- Strong knowledge of/experience in the following: arboriculture, tree preservation, tree root patterns and morphology, pest identification and management, tree care operations, large tree transplanting, and forest and landscape plant identification (including trees/shrubs)
- Organizational skills, excellent communication skills, technical report writing, and attention to detail
- Ability to work closely with design and construction management teams
- Ability to work and hike in rugged terrain, in inclement weather, possible night shifts, and to travel as needed
- Ability to work independently and under remote supervision
- Self-driven desire to improve processes and procedures for client and company goals
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Full time position. Wage depends on qualifications and experience. DRG offers competitive wages, incentive programs, excellent benefits and F/T positions include option to buy Company stock after 1yr, access to industry related training materials and Davey Extension Courses.
Pre-employment drug screen and Social Security Number verification required. The Davey Tree Expert Company and DRG are employee owned and are Equal Opportunity Employers.
CONTACT: Visit Davey’s website (jobs.davey.com) for additional job opportunities and company information.