POSITION: Hazard Tree Utility Forester
STARTING DATE: Immediately. Resumes accepted until suitable candidate is selected.
The Davey Resource Group (DRG) is currently hiring arborists, foresters, horticulturalists, natural resource specialists, plant and outdoor enthusiasts to join our workforce.
POSITION LOCATIONS: Palo Alto, CA (Plus surrounding South Bay area) Company vehicle and paid commute.
- Work with major gas/electric utility system and address its forestry needs assessing hazardous trees near high voltage lines
- Inspect and assess the rights of way for vegetation requiring pruning or removal to avoid conflicts with overhead conductors
- Identify tree and brush control work and enter data into hand-held computer
- Notify landowners of impending vegetation work
- Discuss and negotiate incompatible vegetation removals
- Assess terrain, habitat, and environmental conditions
- Coordinate with project managers, planners, and vegetation crews
- Two or four year degree in horticulture, forestry, urban forestry, environmental science or related discipline
- Utility right of way vegetation management experience preferred
- Ability to identify local tree species and knowledge of growth rates
- Organizational skills, excellent communication skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to work and hike in rugged terrain and inclement weather
- Clean DMV driving record and ability to drive and operate a 4x4 vehicle
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Pay rates based on qualifications and experience. DRG offers competitive wages, incentive programs, excellent benefits and F/T positions include option to buy Company stock after 1yr, access to industry related training materials and Davey Extension Courses.
Pre-employment drug screen and Social Security Number verification required. The Davey Tree Expert Company and DRG are employee owned and are Equal Opportunity Employers.
CONTACT: Visit Davey’s website (jobs.davey.com) for additional job opportunities and company information.