POSITION: Consulting Utility Forester, Natural Resource Management
STARTING DATE: Immediately. Resumes accepted until suitable candidate is selected.
The Davey Resource Group (DRG), a division of The Davey Tree Expert Company, is currently hiring arborists, foresters, horticulturalists, natural resource specialists, plant and outdoor enthusiasts to join our workforce.
POSITION LOCATIONS: Santa Cruz, California. Company truck and paid commute
- Work with major gas/electric utility system and address its forestry needs
- Inspect and assess the rights of way for vegetation requiring pruning or removal to avoid conflicts with gas pipelines
- Identify tree and brush control work and capture data with GIS-based program
- Assess terrain, habitat, and environmental conditions
- Provide on-site vegetation crew monitoring and safety tailboards
- Coordinate with project managers, planners, vegetation crews, the client, traffic control, gas standby, etc.
- Two or four year degree in horticulture, forestry, urban forestry, or related discipline
- Utility right of way vegetation management experience preferred
- International Society for Arboriculture (ISA) certified arborist
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Experience with GIS, ArcGIS, Google Earth Pro, Adobe Acrobat, and cloud based drives
- Organizational skills, excellent communication skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to prepare and compile arborist reports
- Flexible work schedule and willingness to travel
- Interest in working overtime hours
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Pay rates based on qualifications and experience. DRG offers competitive wages, incentive programs, excellent benefits and F/T positions include option to buy Company stock after 1yr, access to industry related training materials and Davey Extension Courses.
Pre-employment drug screen and Social Security Number verification required. The Davey Tree Expert Company and DRG are employee owned and are Equal Opportunity Employers.
CONTACT: Visit Davey’s website for additional job opportunities and company information.