POSITION: Integrated Vegetation Management Utility Forester
STARTING DATE: Immediately. Resumes accepted until suitable candidate is selected.
The Davey Resource Group (DRG), a division of The Davey Tree Expert Company, is currently hiring arborists, foresters, horticulturalists, natural resource specialists, plant and outdoor enthusiasts to join our workforce.
POSITION LOCATION: Redding, California
- Work with major gas/electric utility system and address its forestry needs
- Inspect and assess vegetation in the rights of way for compliance standards and construction work plans
- Identify tree and brush control work and protection zone recommendations
- Document work using hand-held computer
- Assess terrain, habitat, and environmental conditions
- Create Integrated Vegetation Management (IVM) projects
- Coordinate with project managers, planners, and vegetation crews
- Ability to work and hike in rugged terrain and inclement weather
- Clean DMV driving record and ability to drive and operate a 4x4 vehicle
- Ability to travel as needed
- Ability to work independently and under remote supervision
- Two or four year degree in horticulture, forestry, urban forestry, or related discipline
- Utility right of way vegetation management experience preferred
- Organizational skills, excellent communication skills, and attention to detail
- International Society for Arboriculture (ISA) Utility Specialist, Qualified Applicators License (QAL), Pest Control Advisor (PCA), Registered Professional Forester (RPF), ISA Tree Risk Assessor Course Exam (TRACE) or Tree Risk Assessment Qualification (TRAQ) certification preferred
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Pay rates based on qualifications and experience. DRG offers competitive wages, incentive programs, excellent benefits and F/T positions include option to buy Company stock after 1yr, access to industry related training materials and Davey Extension Courses.
Pre-employment drug screen and Social Security Number verification required. The Davey Tree Expert Company and DRG are employee owned and are Equal Opportunity Employers.
CONTACT: Visit Davey’s website (jobs.davey.com) for additional job opportunities and company information.