Want to support the delivery of local and national energy efficiency programs, engaging with a wide array of stakeholders to save energy and reduce greenhouse gas emissions? ICF is seeking a detail-oriented, self-motivated candidate to help clients implement and evolve their energy-efficiency programs. This position will be based in our Fairfax, VA office or in our New York City office.
Successful candidates will support the implementation of high-profile public-private partnership programs to drive improved energy efficiency across commercial, multifamily, institutional, and industrial markets. They will be part of a team that builds and maintains relationships with key market actors, reviews and analyzes energy consumption data, and collaborates with other team members and clients to develop national and regional strategies to increase participation in energy efficiency programs.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Supporting the review and analysis of large volumes of program data, in order to support core program processes, ensure program integrity, and distill data into narratives for reports, case studies, etc.
- Serving as a source of technical assistance for program participants, and maintaining detailed records in a customer management system.
- Reviewing energy consumption data for single buildings as well as large portfolios of facilities, to assist building owners in benchmarking performance against peers, improving performance, and achieving recognition for energy efficiency achievements.
- Conducting outreach to build and maintain relationships with key market actors, including commercial building owners and operators, industry associations, and utilities.
- Contributing to the development and deployment of communications, outreach, and training resources, including case studies, webinars, in-person events, and other opportunities.
- Coordinating with other team members and clients to develop local, regional, and national strategies to influence the market and increase participation in programs.
- Tracking state/local and national energy policies that impact commercial and industrial buildings.
- Conducting research and analysis of energy efficiency and industry issues.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (e.g., environmental studies, public policy, business).
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Highly-developed interpersonal skills and self-motivation.
- Solid personal computer skills (Microsoft applications).
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under strict deadlines.
- Demonstrated expertise working with large spreadsheets or databases.
- Experience working in the commercial or multifamily building sector, or for an energy efficiency vendor/service provider serving the building sector.
- Experience in energy performance benchmarking or energy modeling.
- Experience with ENERGY STAR, LEED, and/or other efficiency/sustainability program platforms.
- Familiarity with the development/delivery of public-private voluntary partnership programs.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com