POSITION: Construction Arborist
STARTING DATE: Immediately. Resumes accepted until suitable candidates are selected.
Davey Resource Group (DRG) has an opportunity in the field of utility forestry as a construction arborist monitoring crews in the field.
POSITION LOCATION: Sacramento Region. Periodic travel after initial orientation. Company vehicle, paid commute.
- Assess construction sites for potential impacts to established vegetation
- Coordinate with multiple stakeholders and serve as primary point of contact
- Identify tree care provider and oversee activities on site
- Lead daily safety briefing and communicate scope of work
- Draft reports and provide estimates to client
- International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) certification required
- Two or four year degree in horticulture, forestry, urban forestry, environmental science, natural resources or related discipline
- Experience in the following: arboriculture, tree preservation, tree root patterns and morphology and forest and landscape plant identification (including trees/shrubs)
- Organizational skills, excellent communication skills, technical report writing, and attention to detail
- Ability to work closely with design and construction management teams
- Ability to work and hike in rugged terrain and in inclement weather
- Ability to work independently and under remote supervision
- Self-driven desire to improve processes and procedures for client and company goals
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Full time position. Wage depends on qualifications and experience. DRG offers competitive wages, incentive programs, excellent benefits and F/T positions include option to buy Company stock after 1yr, access to industry related training materials and Davey Extension Courses.
Pre-employment drug screen and Social Security Number verification required. The Davey Tree Expert Company and DRG are employee owned and are Equal Opportunity Employers.
CONTACT: Visit Davey’s website (jobs.davey.com) for additional job opportunities and company information.