About the Position:
This position is in the LA & San Bernardino Counties Section, North Coast Branch in Regulatory Division located in downtown Los Angeles, California.
Learn more about this agency
- Improve and enhance the physical, biological and chemical integrity of the nation's water resources, and ensure regulated activities in these waters are not contrary to the public interest in terms of environmental, social and economic concerns.
- Coordinates permit activities, environmental documentation and enforcement activities to prevent undue delays or minimize potential controversies concerning regulatory decisions.
- Gathers information and conducts field studies to determine the extent of Corps jurisdiction in waters of the U.S., including wetlands.
- Conducts surveillance and investigates alleged violations and determines courses of action to rectify illegal work; Inspects sites to insure full compliance with the terms and conditions of the permits.
- The work includes coordinating the activities of subject-matter specialists within or outside the District, and evaluating the validity of other views to develop procedures and techniques to improve the program.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com
$69,283 to $107,955 per year. Pay scale & grade GS 11 - 12.