The Department of Natural Resources is hiring a Northeast Lakeshore Total Maximum Daily Load Project Coordinator project position in the Division of Environmental Management. This position will be located in Madison (Dane county) or Oshkosh (Winnebago county) depending on the applicant.
This is a project position expected to end on June 30, 2021. Project positions are eligible for benefits including health insurance, but the incumbent does not attain permanent civil service status.
This position will be responsible for the development of the TMDL (Total Maximum Daily Load), fostering integration among partners, and coordination of TMDL implementation activities. Duties will include modeling, managing agricultural data, load analysis, and implementation planning. This position will work inpartnership with WDNR watershed modeling staff and external partners, specifically County LCD and agricultural partners, to collect, assemble, and format the necessary data for the development of watershed and water quality models.
Special Notes: Employment will require the selected candidate to pass a background check. DNR does not sponsor work visas, thus, in compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify eligibility to work in the United States by completing the required I-9 form upon hire.
Minimally qualified candidates will have:
• Experience assembling and managing data for developing watershed and water quality models
• Project management experience
• Experience performing outreach with internal and external stakeholders
Well-qualified candidates will have:
• Experience assembling and managing data for SWAT, STEPL or SNAP Plus models
• Watershed related project management experience
• Degree(s) or coursework related to environmental science/water quality
Deadline to Apply: 6/17/2018
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com