What you'll do at
- Assists in representing the company with federal, state, and local regulatory agencies and external organizations
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Executes the global and national vision and strategy of the department for the development of policies that communicate the corporate position on environmental, safety, health, and transportation issues
- Implements the department's strategic vision of sustainable, cost-effective, comprehensive, multi-program, transformational environmental, safety, health, and transportation risk mitigation strategies
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Supports the development of compliance initiatives (for example, store claims processing, storm water fees, waste minimization) aligned with the department's strategic cross-functional risk identification and assessment procedures
- Works within internal and external partnerships (for example, Environmental Services and Design Council, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Environmental Protection Agency, Department of Transportation) to stay informed of new strategies, business changes and operational issues to ensure that all business endeavors are implemented in a compliant manner
- Bachelor's degree in the Sciences, Public Health, Engineering or related field OR 2 years experience in Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) regulatory compliance or related field.
- Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM).
- Masters Degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com