Barrick Nevada is looking for an Environmental Technician to join the Environmental group at the Cortez District. The successful candidate will ensure compliance with sampling and monitoring requirements of various permits and programs.
- Collect environmental data and samples necessary for environmental compliance reporting.
- Use a variety of instruments and equipment to gather data and conduct monitoring.
- Conduct inspections required by various compliance programs.
- Ensure accurate documentation of sample collection and data.
- Manage analytical data within the EQuIS database.
- Provide training for site personnel, where necessary.
- This position requires the ability to regularly walk over uneven, sloped, rocky, wet or icy ground and the ability to lift 50 or more pounds consistently and safely.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Certificate in science/engineering or degree in science preferred
- Previous experience in hydrology data collection, databases, field instrumentation and electronics preferred
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with others required
- Strong computer skills including experience with PowerPoint, Word & Excel required, experience with Barrick systems such as RIMS, LiveLink, Oracle, and EQuis preferred
- Ability and willingness to work outdoors throughout the year, with little supervision in remote areas required
- Ability to lift objects up to 50 lbs required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with various levels of employees required
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously required
- Ability to drive results and ensure completion of time sensitive deadlines required
What we can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Barrick locations
- Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com