Position Description: Barrick Nevada is looking for a Senior Environmental Engineer to join the Environmental group at the Cortez District. The successful candidate will ensure that all legal and other compliance obligations related to land, reclamation, and closure are achieved.
- Coordinate with site personnel and Corporate permitting personnel to successfully develop Plan of Operations amendments and complete associated NEPA activities.
- Lead and develop Environmental Engineers, Coordinators, and Technicians, as assigned, by overseeing the maintenance, evaluation and reporting of collected data to Barrick management and governmental agencies.
- Ensure completion of annual reports, three-year updates, and modifications for all reclamation permits.
- Plan and track reclamation activities, in coordination with Operations technical personnel.
- Oversee wildlife surveying and reporting activities for sensitive species.
- Oversee the weed management program.
- Coordinate archeological surveys and oversee cultural resources management program.
- Oversee EIS/ROD Requirements.
- Ensure completion and maintenance of the internal closure cost model for all areas.
- Oversee spatial data management (GIS) for the Department.
- Ensure confomance with the Barrick Mine Closure Standard requirements.
- Assist operating division personnel in achieving their objectives.
- Assist with training of Barrick employees, contractors, and others.
- Oversee inspections of operations to ensure permit compliance including accompanying regulatory inspectors on periodic inspections of work areas on and off the mine site.
- Fill in as department head, if required.
- Responsible for periodic, after hours on-call response to environmental incidents, as needed.
- This position requires the ability to regularly walk over uneven, sloped, rocky, wet or icy ground and the ability to lift 40 or more pounds consistently and safely.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Studies, Mine Engineering, Ecology or related field required
- Five (5) years direct experience in environmental compliance with a minimum of three (3) years in an industrial setting, including regulatory agency interactions required
- Three (3) years of supervisory experience required.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills required
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously required
- Familiarity with compliance systems and ISO 14001 preferred
What we can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Barrick locations
- Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com