Arcadis is seeking an experienced Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility Professional (Environmental Engineer, Scientist, or Environmental or Health & Safety area disciplines) to lead and grow the sustainability platform within the environmental business line. The position will be responsible for development of the national environment business line sustainability strategy, implementation of the strategy and growth of the platform. This position will also support the national and global business development efforts. The position will report to the North American leader of Strategic Environmental Consulting, and can be based anywhere in the U.S.A.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Development and implementation of sustainability platform strategy which will result in consistent and sustained revenue growth;
- Working with representatives of the other Strategic EHS Consulting practices to enhance and execute a comprehensive Arcadis sustainability go-to market strategy. This includes working with the other three business lines to capture and execute cross business line projects;
- Working with corporate communications and business development teams to build an Arcadis sustainability brand and presence in the market;
- Development and execution of annual business plans. Business plans include revenue projections, sales projections, hiring needs, client development activities and personnel training and development activities;
- The position will supervise senior level sustainability professionals;
- Serve as a sustainability and corporate social responsibility knowledge leader and foster innovation in technical and business approaches;
- Identification and mentoring of high performance employees;
- Support and contribute to business development campaigns and specific client initiatives;
- As appropriate, support of specific global business development opportunities and/or business development opportunities from other regions.
Duties also include the following:
- Business development activities and networking to identify and pursue opportunities, develop proposals, present to clients and prospects, and secure work with new and existing target clients;
- Develop, build and maintain a pipeline of opportunities for Sustainability projects with current and new customers;
- For the benefit of Arcadis and our clients, developed highly productive, close working relationships with appropriate federal, state and local governmental agencies across the United States;
- As appropriate to support the sustainability platform strategy and the corporate Arcadis strategy, build relationships with and support the efforts of non-governmental organizations who are leaders in sustainability and corporate and social responsibility;
- Independently perform assignments with instructions as to the general results expected;
- Work independently with general guidance except for complex and unusual situations;
- Interact with clients, understanding their needs, and develop value-added solutions; and
- Support Arcadis team members in producing high quality work products for our clients.
The selected candidate will have:
- Experience in Microsoft excel, Microsoft word, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat
- Knowledge of federal, state and local environmental regulations and guidance related to sustainability, Climate Change policies and best practices, CSR best practices , GRI requirements, green building and energy conservation
- Experience with task and project management
- Strong written communication, presentation, and public speaking skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and professionalism
- Ability to accommodate a flexible schedule
- Availability to travel.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, or other relevant discipline
- 10+ years of relevant experience
Required Driving Statement
This position requires a current valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com