About this Job:
Manage all aspects of the Health, Safety (personal and process) & Environmental programs including overall program development, training requirements, environmental permitting, waste disposal, risk management, fire protection, and emergency response.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage environmental programs under the supervision of the Operations Manager
- Manage compliance with any California required permitting
- Compile and submit any required reports including SARA inventory, Syngenta annual letter of assurance and SERAM reporting, specific CA requirements ( IIPP, Hazardous Materials Business Plan, Farm Water Quality Management Plan
- Oversee the site Waste Minimization plan and waste disposal practices per regional and State requirements Coordinate all aspects of the site HSES programs:
- Participate on the site safety teams and as a member of the site management teams:
- Local, regional, global, State and Federal HSES related reporting
- Manage new employee/contractor HSE training
- Work closely with 3rd party contractor onsite.
- Manage and ensure all other required HSES related training for the site including respiratory, Greenhouse Safety, confined space, lockout/tag out, forklift operations as examples
- Development of management systems to afford compliance with current and proposed regulations as well as Syngenta requirements
- Manage and maintain local accident investigation/reporting processes and related training and include involvement of line management when incidents occur
- Represent the site on the regional HSES Team for Flowers
- Ensure that required IH monitoring for the site is completed as required including but not limited to respiratory fit testing, flex hood monitoring, and ergonomics assessments
- Assist Security Officer with the implementation and compliance of security policies
- Manage site emergency response program:
- Lead and train the site spill response team
- Maintain emergency response program for the site including keeping all information up to date
- Represent Syngenta on the Local Emergency Planning Committee if applicable
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com