With more than 8500 people across five continents and the Pacific region, GHD is one of the world's leading engineering, environmental and construction services companies. Committed to the success of our clients and the communities in which we operate, we have an ongoing requirement for high-calibre professionals to join our connected network.
GHD has an outstanding opportunity for a Senior Air Quality Engineer with Refinery Sector focus to join our team in our Irvine, CA office.
- Technical problem solving for air quality issues and multi-media compliance with project management skills
- Work on air permitting projects including non-attainment new source review, new source review, PSD analysis and air dispersion modeling
- Assist in conducting regulatory compliance, permit applicability evaluations and agency negotiations
- Air Emission inventory development for industrial sources
- Assist in environmental/air compliance audits
- Prepare and submit agency required reports and documents
- Able to work independently with clients
- Should be able to develop new client relations and maintain existing client relationships with focus on refining and petrochemical industries
- Ability to manage projects and work as a team member
- Able and willing to mentor and manage staff
- Able to perform multiple tasks within project scope, budget and schedule and ensure quality work product and deliverables
- Willing to travel
- Perform field work and field oversight of contractors
- Bachelors' Degree in Environmental or Chemical Engineering, or a related major
- 10-15 years of previous air compliance experience desired
- Knowledge of State and Federal air regulations
- Certified Permitting Professional (CPP) certification from South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) desired
- Experience in performing dispersion modeling desired
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and proposal writing skills
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com