Job Description Summary:
The Fisheries Technician is responsible for services our clients’ lakes and ponds with a primary focus on electrofishing, seining, trapping, liming, fish stocking, installing feeders, testing water quality.
Functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Diagnose and treat for algae, submersed and floating weeds, shoreline weeds, non-desirable buffer vegetation, and any other unwanted vegetation and water quality issues.
- Diagnose and service fountains, aerators, fish feeders, sonic solutions, and all other related equipment maintenance.
- Actively inspect existing client sites, make recommendations to the client for improvements.
- Communicate daily with all clients as needed to keep them informed of work performed, issues discovered, and any other item of need or interest.
- Actively prospect for new potential customers during the course of day to day work.
- Obtain and provide detailed information as requested for the quotes associated with new jobs and provide such information to the Territory Leader and/or sales staff member to whom this lead was assigned.
- Prioritize in all professional activities our overall commitment to environmental stewardship. Perform all work in an environmentally conscious manner and apply all lake and pond products in a manner consistent with their labeling. Adhere to the company’s recycling policy by disposing of all paper and cardboard waste and pesticide containers and other plastic containers in the proper way to insure clean and safe recycling of all such waste.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Base Salary
- Annual Profit Sharing Bonus
- Retirement Plan
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- High School Diploma
- Degree in related science preferred
Required Skills/Experience Requirements:
- 1-2 years’ experience in an environmental related field
- Clean Driving Record
- Possesses or has the ability to obtain a state pesticide license
- Aptitude in using various hand tools
- Ability to follow established procedures and practices
- Commitment to all health and safety guidelines
- Effective verbal and listening communication skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Mechanically inclined
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The work requires strenuous physical exertion and the employee may be required to drive, stand, walk, bend, climb, kneel and crouch for extended periods of time, as well as see, talk, hear and use hands and arms to grasp, handle, reach and feel.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. in a repetitious manner.
Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume. Attn: Kelly Martin, Director of Human Resources to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
SOLitude is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com