This position will provide environmental scientific support for our rapidly growing Environmental Planning and Permitting practice. As the biologist/ecologist based out our Cincinnati office, you will the change to support and expertise in field biology, regulatory strategy, NEPA analysis, and permitting. Specific background and expertise should consist of strong botanical, avian, wetland, or general wildlife technical experience, and/or familiarity and experience with land use and biological/water resource permitting. Working with other member of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to conduct both field and office work; it requires the ability to work with teams to coordinate biological and general environmental compliance during project planning and execution. During your time with us, you may also have the opportunity to support the project management teams on commercial and Federal projects. If you’re up for the challenge, we’ve been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• BS degree in Biology, Natural Resources, Environmental Science, Ecology or a related field.
• Position requires 1-5 years of biological experience in both botany and wetland disciplines. Familiarity with environments in the midwestern United States.
• Experience serving on teams of field scientists preferred.
• Experience contributing to environmental impact evaluation, siting reports, and environmental permit applications (including USACE 404 wetland permitting), including field surveys and reporting, preparation of NEPA analysis and documentation, and ESA Section 7 Consultation.
• Experience performing various biological field surveys for site planning and construction.
• Ability to travel and work in the field up to 70% of time.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
• Master’s or PhD degree in Biology or Ecology
• Professional Wetland Scientist designation (or progress towards obtaining certification) strongly preferred
CH2M is now Jacobs, join us and love what you do. Focus on tackling the toughest challenges with a smile as you support the development of life-changing infrastructure that improves communities across North America the inherent value in your point of view as you deliver for our clients. CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa, etc) to fill this position. CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com