This Senior Executive Service (SES) position is located in the Office of General Counsel, Air and Radiation Law Office, Washington, D.C.
For more information on this office, visit their website: https://www.epa.gov/aboutepa/about-office-general-counsel-ogc
If selected, you must work at the location stated in this announcement.
Learn more about this agency
The incumbent serves as the Associate General Counsel working under the direct supervision of the Principal Deputy General Counsel and General Counsel, and adheres to the policy and legal direction of the Deputy General Counsels. The incumbent is responsible for providing legal counsel, opinions, legal services and negotiation support with respect to implementation of the Clean Air Act and other various statutes as appropriate.
- Planning, organizing, directing, controlling, and coordinating the activities of the Air and Radiation Law Office in connection with implementation of the Clean Air Act and other various statutes as appropriate, including national ambient air quality setting, state implementation plans and other actions related to attainment and maintenance of the national air quality standards, new source performance standards and related emission guidelines, national emission standards for hazardous air pollutants, mobile source standards, the renewable fuel standards program, transportation fuel standards, Clean Air Act operating and preconstruction permits, visibility standards and implementation plans, noise emission standards, and radiation standards and guidelines.
- Exercising legal responsibility for the review of all questions which arise regarding assigned areas and programs.
- Formulating and providing legal advice and policy for EPA regarding issues concerning air and radiation.
- Representing EPA and participating in negotiations with outside parties, including litigants and other federal agencies.
- Guiding the coordination of EPA’s legal advice to other programs of EPA, Federal, state, and local government agencies, industry groups, and international bodies.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com
$126,148 to $189,600 per year. Pay scale & grade ES 00.