STV has an opening for Environmental Scientist in our New York, NY office. The successful candidate will have up to 5 years of environmental consulting experience conducting Phase I ESAs, Phase II ESI’s, drilling supervision, sampling, well installation, construction/remediation oversight, and report and work plan writing. In addition, possession of a strong technical education, be self-motivated, exhibit leadership qualities, and possess excellent written & verbal communication skills. Certification as professional geologist or certified hazardous materials manager is a plus.
- Effectively collaborate with multidisciplinary team members and others to efficiently execute field assignments such as drilling /test pit exploration oversight, monitoring well installation, hydraulic testing, and multi-media sampling at sites with soil / groundwater / surface water / sediment / soil vapor / indoor air contamination;
- Perform Phase I Environmental Site Assessments and Phase II Environmental Site Investigations in accordance with applicable ASTM guidelines;
- Provide oversight at project sites prior to, during, or after remedial construction-related activities to assess feasibility, monitor progress, and/or ensure conformance;
- Review and interpret engineering reports, design drawings and specifications, vendor submittals, maps, regulations, field test results, aerial photographs, and other data;
- Communicate technical information with vendors and accurately document such communications;
- Assist project managers to perform calculations and prepare, review and modify technical plans / reports, specifications, remedial designs, plans, and other documents; and
- Other related duties and responsibilities may also be assigned.
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
- 0-5 years of relevant environmental experience with a demonstrated knowledge of state and local environmental regulations;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Science, Chemistry, Biology or Anthropology with relevant coursework;
- Related environmental experience in New York City/New York State is preferred;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Demonstrated ability to follow direction and work independently and in a team setting;
- Experience in preparing field documentation, project specifications, and reports;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification is a plus;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office a must;
- Availability to work overtime with some evenings and weekends; and
- A valid driver’s license in good standing.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com