STV has an opening for an Environmental Engineer in our New York, NY office.
The successful candidate will have up to 5 years of related environmental consulting experience preparing design documents (plans, specifications, supporting calculations), contractor supervision, construction / remediation oversight, as well as work plan and report writing. In addition, possession of a strong technical education, be self-motivated, exhibit leadership qualities, and possess excellent written & verbal communication skills. Certification as professional engineer is a plus. This is an opportunity for a motivated candidate to develop unique engineering skills and experience in broad spectrum of remediation designs and techniques.
- Effectively collaborate with multidisciplinary team members and others to efficiently execute field assignments such as preparing design documents (e.g., above and underground storage tank decommissioning, sub-slab depressurization system and gas vapor barrier, and remediation of contaminated soil and groundwater);
- Provide oversight at project sites prior to, during, or after remedial construction-related activities to assess feasibility, monitor progress, and/or ensure conformance;
- Review and interpret engineering reports, design drawings and specifications, vendor submittals, maps, regulations, field test results, aerial photographs, and other data;
- Communicate technical information with vendors and accurately document such communications;
- Assist project managers to prepare, review and modify, as necessary, technical plans / reports, specifications, remedial designs, plans, perform calculations, and other documents; and
- Other related duties and responsibilities may also be assigned.
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
- 0-5 years of relevant environmental experience with a demonstrated knowledge of state and local environmental regulations;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering – Environmental, Civil, or Sanitary Engineering preferred;
- Related environmental experience in New York City/New York State is preferred;
- Experience with industrial projects, state agency projects, and/or local municipal projects is a plus.
- Current PE license or plans to take the exam a plus;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Demonstrated ability to follow direction, work independently and in a team setting;
- Experience in preparing field documentation, project specifications and reports;
- The ideal candidate will be proficient in AutoCAD and familiar with REVIT.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification is a plus;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office a must;
- Availability to work overtime with some evenings and weekends; and
- A valid driver’s license in good standing.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com