ABOUT THE POSITION:
Is this the right position to help you achieve your professional goals? Some of the key responsibilities for the Water Resources Professional position include:
- Performing hydrologic and hydraulic studies;
- Developing innovative green infrastructure solutions for the urban environment;
- Applying innovative hydrologic and hydraulic modeling software, from 1-D to 3-D transport models;
- Floodplain mapping and flood protection designs;
- Statistical and spatial analysis;
- In-stream and urban stormwater water quality monitoring and modeling;
- Task and project-level responsibility for scoping, performing, managing and delivering multiple concurrent project assignments;
- Playing a role supporting lead generation, business development, staff development, and mentoring; and
- Helping broaden our reputation via publishing and visibility at prominent industry conferences.
You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will guide and integrate you into Geosyntec’s culture, as you kick start your career. Here are some other things you should know about a typical water resources professional position with Geosyntec:
- Training: We offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork: Up to 20%.
- Overnight travel: Up to 20%.
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.
- BS in environmental or civil engineering, natural resources science, with emphasis on water resources or closely related discipline. (required)
- Advanced degree in environmental or civil engineering or natural resources science, with emphasis on water resources or closely related discipline. (preferred)
- 2-4 years of related experience. (preferred)
- Experience conducting fundamental or applied research in the water resources field. (preferred)
- Experience with modeling and design software tools such as EPA-SWMM, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, AutoCAD, and ArcGIS. (preferred)
- Valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record. (required)
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL AT GEOSYNTEC?
We are looking for the best and brightest candidates available. To be selected for this position, you should have exceptional people skills and outstanding oral and written communication skills. You should demonstrate passion, technical excellence, leadership potential, and a commitment to lifelong learning and growth. We value talent from all backgrounds and cultures.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com