We currently have an opportunity in our San Diego, California office for a water resources engineer or planner interested in developing innovative solutions to challenging water-related projects, and managing successful project teams. Our growing backlog of water resources work creates an opportunity to be involved in a variety of projects that contribute to the development of solutions addressing California water issues. Experience working on water resources planning projects in California and/or the western United States is a requirement.
- Projects are in the areas of water resources, including integrated water resources planning; water, wastewater, recycled water, stormwater supply and quality analysis; and water resource project development and evaluation. Experience in environmental assessment, and regulatory permitting a plus
- The position is focused on project delivery, but a demonstrated ability to manage clients relationships and team members is crucial
- Excellent communication and presentation skills are required. This includes the ability to communicate internally with project teams, and also externally with clients and stakeholder groups in project and workshop settings
- An interest and ability to contribute to business development through active participation in on-going marketing efforts is a plus
- 7-10 years’ experience on water resources and/or closely related projects; specific experience successfully managing local, regional, and watershed scale planning projects is highly desirable
- BS in Water Resources Engineering, Environmental Planning/Science or a related field, MS preferred
- Excellent organizational, writing, presentation and interpersonal skills
- P.E. or AICP registration preferred but not required
- Working knowledge of the provisions and requirements of the Clean Water Act, Safe Drinking Water Act, and Porter-Cologne Water Quality Control act is preferred
Woodard & Curran is an equal opportunity employer.
Woodard & Curran is a Drug Free Work Place.
Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com