We currently have an opportunity in our Walnut Creek, California office for an NPDES/Regulatory Permitting Project Manager. Our strong and growing backlog of water resources projects will provide an opportunity to apply your planning, engineering and regulatory skills to challenging and important efforts throughout California.
- Prepare documentation for NPDES permits, waste discharge requirements, and other regulatory permits
- Support clients in negotiating permits with regulators
- Interpret and disseminate information on new regulations related to the NPDES; assists in implementing new features of the Program as required by new regulations
- Lead NPDES permitting projects and teams
- Prepare presentations and papers for water quality conferences
- Manage several projects simultaneously
- Conduct business development, client outreach, marketing, and proposal preparation
- At least 5 years of experience in the water pollution control field and administrative experience related to NPDES permit compliance, data management, and water quality control
- Master’s Degree in Science, Planning, or Engineering desirable but not required
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Science, or other related planning degree and background
- Understand and apply Federal, State, and local codes and regulation pertaining to the NPDES (National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System) Program
- Experience performing work related to wastewater management, storm water management, NPDES permit compliance/inspection or closely related experience
- Successful management of project budgets and schedules
- Experience with, and strong ability to, collaborate with others
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to serve as a resource and mentor to less experienced staff members
Woodard & Curran is an equal opportunity employer.
Woodard & Curran is a Drug Free Work Place.
Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com