We are looking for an enthusiastic, bright, and talented entry level civil, construction or environmental engineer located in our Butte, MT office. This position focuses primarily on fieldwork, field investigation support and construction oversight and safety while working at a consulting firm that leads the industry in addressing problems associated with mining and mining-related impacts. Combined with our national presence, we provide a wide range of opportunities for growth and career development.
An entry-level Engineer is typically assigned specific tasks on project teams and is expected to use their knowledge to resolve the engineering problems and tasks they are assigned under the mentorship of senior staff.
- Perform engineering calculations and technical evaluations in support of projects.
- Verify calculation briefs developed by peers.
- Ensure that assigned tasks are performed correctly with appropriate QA/QC.
- Research design options and document findings for Project Manager/Engineer.
- Provide information to Project Manager/Engineer for incorporation into specifications.
- Assist in the development of technical documents.
- Organize and maintain project files.
- Support business development activities.
- Assure that drawings and designs are in accordance with company production and design standards.
- Assist field investigations and provide construction oversight by following safety policies and a thorough understanding of specifications and thorough documentation of contractor activities and safety procedures.
- Travel to job sites is required to support ongoing and potential project work activities.
- BS in a related engineering discipline. EIT preferred
- 0-4 years of relative experience
- Experience working around construction equipment and/or in a construction environment
- Basic understanding of engineering principles
- Experience in computer operation for engineering design programs and computer-aided drafting (CAD)
- Proficient in computer applications including models, Word and Excel
- Strong communication and participation in a team-oriented environment
- Some surveying experience is a plus
- OSHA Hazwoper Training a plus but will train
Woodard & Curran is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Woodard & Curran is a Drug Free Work Place.
Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com