We currently have a couple opportunities in our Walnut Creek, California office location for an Environmental Planner/Scientist. Our strong and growing backlog of water resources projects will provide an opportunity to apply your planning and regulatory skills to challenging and important efforts throughout California.
- Collaborate with engineering and planning staff on leading environmental tasks as well as managing stand-alone environmental projects
- Provide mentorship of junior environmental staff
- Oversee all aspects of a project, including leading meetings with clients and regulatory agencies
- Scope projects for the appropriate level of environmental review, budget control, and invoicing
- Maintain schedules, manage subconsultants and quality control
- Manage several projects simultaneously
- Conduct business development, marketing, and proposal preparation
- 8-15 or 15-20 years of experience successfully preparing and managing California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documents for water resource projects; permitting experience is a plus
- Experience writing environmental documents and conducting environmental analysis
- Excellent quality of work and technical experience a must
- Successful management of project budgets and schedules
- Experience with, and strong ability to, collaborate with others
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to serve as a resource and mentor to less experienced staff members.
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Science, Management, or other related planning degree and background.
Woodard & Curran is an equal opportunity employer.
Woodard & Curran is a Drug Free Work Place.
Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com