Dewberry is currently seeking a Water Practice Project Manager for our Long Beach and Sacramento,California office. The ideal candidate will have technical, managerial, and market access responsibilities to assist in business strategy developing new client work, while helping to maintain existing client work relationships. The Candidate will manage and leverage relationships to position Dewberry to perform water/wastewater projects in California. The candidate will manage, support and execute a range of civil engineering water and wastewater projects for public sector utility clients and will support and/or supervise growing water department project management, engineering and technical staff operations. The candidate will work with Dewberry leadership across the Water Service Line to advance our water practice across our targeted California geographies.
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented individual to join a team of outstanding professionals. This position offers potential for professional growth in a great working environment and the opportunity to apply the latest technology to help our clients solve their most challenging problems.
Successful candidate will be an engineer with a diverse background and experience in developing and executing water and wastewater treatment, conveyance, storage, and pumping projects.
- Applies thorough knowledge and expertise of current principles and practices of engineering acquired through progressive experience to resolve crucial issues and/or project challenges.
- Keeps informed of new methods and developments affecting the water business and recommends new practices or changes in emphasis of programs.
- Supervises a growing staff of engineers and technicians.
- Plans, schedules, coordinates and performs the preparation of documents or activities for multiple projects, or is responsible for an entire program.
- Develops statement of qualifications, detailed proposals, project execution plans, and contracts to include project understanding, scope of work, project approaches, pricing, schedule, terms and conditions, and performs contract negotiations.
- Ensures quality of own work and the work of others, while meeting budget and schedule.
- Reviews operational procedures to ensure compliance with applicable company policies and performance measures.
- Increases Dewberry’s visibility in the public sector water business through active participation in national, state and local professional and community organizations.
- Participates in personnel decisions and actions.
- Works in team environment to leverage assets of the business unit and the Water Service Line to position, win, execute and deliver work.
- Act in a lead role for projects, leveraging one’s expertise, experience and capabilities.
Required Skills & Required Experience
- B.S. Degree in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering field, Master’s Degree in Engineering is a plus.
- CA Professional Engineering license or ability to obtain.
- 20+ years’ consulting experience, with increasing levels of project and client responsibilities for public sector water and wastewater projects.
- A minimum 10 years project management and client management experience.
- A recognized area of technical expertise is a plus.
- Successful track record of building client relationships in the water and wastewater field, with a reputation for being highly responsive and delivering quality work.
- A successful track record of managing projects scope, schedule and budget compliance.
- Proven experience with the planning, design and construction of water and wastewater infrastructure facilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong client management and new business development skills.
- Strong leadership qualities and ability to coach and mentor staff.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com