Rainforest Trust seeks Asia Conservation Officers to develop and manage land protection projects with our in-country partners across the tropical countries of the region. Rainforest Trust is a 501c3 non-profit organization founded in 1988. Partnering with the most respected conservation organizations in the world’s tropical regions, Rainforest Trust supports the protection of critical habitat for endangered species through local partnerships. To date, we have saved over 18 million tropical habitat acres. We are an efficient organization, earning the top 4-star rating from Charity Navigator.
Successful candidates for the Asia Conservation Officer positions will work under the supervision of the Asia Conservation Director.
Duties for this position include:
- Supervising, managing, and tracking the progress of Rainforest Trust protected area projects in Asia.
- Identifying prospective partners and projects to create new protected areas.
- Coordinating closely with in-country partners and staff.
- Undertaking field visits to identify new projects and partners and to assess progress of ongoing projects.
- Reviewing and meeting all reporting deadlines.
- Participating actively with Development and Communications staff in project fundraising and communication efforts.
- Organizing donor trips to visit project sites.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A degree in biological or environmental sciences, or combination of education and experience.
- Significant experience in conservation practice, conservation science, or related field essential, preferably in Asia.
- Prior experience with conservation and project management in Asia preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Proficiency in one or more regional languages a plus, but not a requirement.
- A personal passion for biodiversity conservation and belief in Rainforest Trust’s conservation mission.
- Knowledge of relevant organizations in Asia (NGOs, government, universities, community organizations, etc.).
- Efficient, creative, enthusiastic, and self-starting, with excellent organizational and social skills.
- Able to work independently as well as cooperatively within a team.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
This position will be full-time and based in our office in Northern Virginia.
How to Apply:
Please send applications to jobs@RainforestTrust.org. Please include a resume and a cover letter describing your interest in working for Rainforest Trust. Please also provide your salary aspirations and the names of at least three references.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com