Rainforest Trust seeks an experienced Social Media Associate to oversee social media management and e-mail marketing.
Rainforest Trust is a highly efficient and effective U.S. non-profit founded in 1988 with the mission to purchase and protect threatened rainforests and tropical habitat to save endangered wildlife through community engagement and local partnerships. To date, we have saved more than 17 million acres across 26 countries at 130 project sites with the ambitious goal of protecting 50 million acres by the year 2020. Our great financial efficiency and program effectiveness consistently earn us Charity Navigator’s top 4-star rating.
This is a full-time position in our office in Warrenton, VA. Position comes with full benefits.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Execute social media campaigns across existing Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Medium, YouTube, Reddit and Instagram presence; keeping an eye out for emerging platforms
- Manages each element of email and marketing automation campaigns including creative development, setup, targeting and testing to deployment and data monitoring
- Create content for social media and maintain a campaign calendar
- Stay on top of trending topics
- Monitor competitive social media landscape
- Develop content for email marketing along with helping create templates in Constant Contact
- Identify and evaluate improvement options; test new strategies and platforms
- Grow social media reach and strategically plan expansion of our network
- Manage professional tools relating to social media management (ie. Sprout Social/Hootsuite, Buffer, reporting platforms, Facebook Analytics, etc.)
- Administer analytic tools to monitor and improve e-mail and social media performance
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned or required
Qualifications & Skills Required:
- Minimum 3 years of social media and e-mail marketing experience required
- Excellent graphic design skills
- Experience creating and maintaining online ads and using tools such as Facebook Power Editor and Twitter Ads
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong knowledge of best practices for email creative, segmentation, dynamic content, testing methodologies, deliverability and CAN-SPAM regulations
- Experience with marketing automation solutions
- Proactive, highly motivated self-starter; highly organized and meticulous planner
- Demonstrated creative, technical, scheduling, reporting and analytical skills
- Experience with Constant Contact and MailChimp
- Adaptable; able to pick up new techniques
- Detail orientated; able to multi-task
- Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment
- A personal passion for the environment and wildlife conservation
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or similar experience in the social media and e-mail marketing field
How To Apply:
Please send applications to jobs@RainforestTrust.org. Include a cover letter stating your interest to work for Rainforest Trust, your salary aspirations, any specific job requirements and your resume. Cover letters without salary aspirations will not be considered.