Dewberry is currently seeking an environmental professional to join our Orlando, FL office. This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented individual to join our team of outstanding professionals. The individual will perform work associated with environmental permitting, which includes all aspects of natural resource inventory, analysis, wetland delineation, species assessments, permitting and mitigation.
- Coordinate visits with clients and regulatory agencies in the field.
- Conduct soil, hydrology and vegetation inventory, species assessments and surveys and plant identifications.
- Prepare environmental permit applications.
- Complete permit compliance monitoring.
- Document and summarize results of field investigations and analyses.
- Prepare plans, specifications, maps, exhibits and supporting documentation for client and regulatory approvals.
- Provide client and regulatory agency coordination.
- Support proposal preparation, contract execution, and budget/schedule adherence.
- Perform technical work and develop project execution strategies.
- Evaluate site conditions and select wetlands identification, mitigation and regulatory approval strategies.
- Primary focus is to execute project activities with client and project team and coordinate with regulatory agencies.
Required Skills & Required Experience
- A Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science, Biology, Ecology, Environmental Studies, Forestry, Wildlife Biology, or related field is required.
- 3-7 years’ work experience is required.
- Proficiency with ArcMap/GIS, AutoCAD and/or Microstation a plus.
- Capability to execute and coordinate environmental permitting and environmental assessment activities with internal/external clients and regulatory agencies.
- Knowledge of Florida environmental regulations and permitting, Regulation submittals, Wetland or Environmental design, EPA Rapid Bio-Assessment, and a NEPA background would be considered a plus.
- Professional Wetland Scientist Certification a plus.
- Authorized Gopher Tortoise Agent or other species specific experience a plus.
- Additional Requirements:
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Regular field work in a variety of seasonal conditions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Local and occasional statewide travel is required for position.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry’s background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com