We have an immediate need for an Environmental Planning Intern, with entry level experience, and a degree in environmental studies or a related field. The opening is for the Glendale, CA office.
Description and Desired Qualifications
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with background research for environmental documents, technical studies, or peer review tasks.
- Assist with preparation of environmental permit applications and environmental impact documents for a wide variety of projects including: defining existing site conditions, performing impact analysis, reviewing and contributing to design plans, and writing sections of environmental documents.
- Take ownership of documents pertaining to the assigned projects.
- Ability to interpret laws and ordinances and prepare comprehensive reports.
- Develop and/or work from design plans of others, compile data, perform basic design and technical solutions.
- Prepare graphics and reports for limited portions of projects or for small-scale projects.
- Assist in production of presentation material, concepts, graphics, and reports.
- Assist in preparation of comprehensive plans and studies, design drawings, and construction documents.
Desired Skills and Expertise:
- Demonstrate initiative, independent thinking and good problem-solving skills.
- Strong writing skills required.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Exemplary work habits, especially related to safety, common sense, punctuality, and adaptability.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree – in Environmental Planning, Environmental Studies, Geography, or a closely related field.
- Previous experience or internship related to planning, environmental consulting, or related field preferred.
- Knowledge of environmental laws and regulations such as NEPA and CEQA.
- Professional association membership participation preferred.
The position is part-time. This work will be done in the office with field visits, as needed, to manage projects.
Please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org immediately with your resume and cover letter.
Chambers Group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and we value inclusion and diversity. EOE-Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity. Chambers Group Inc. will make employment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com
Apply early because employers may close the job listing any time.