The Environmental, Health and Safety Manager will establish, execute, and deliver facility-specific EHS plans that support PepsiCo overall EHS objectives.
Major Tasks, Key Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
- Implement, execute, ensure compliance with PepsiCo's Environmental, Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Lead execution of the site’s annual EHS Plan, including development of expense and capital budgets needed to support these efforts.
- Build capability of site resources to support implementation of EHS programming.
- Manage site-wide system, Program Element (PE) process, to identify and evaluate hazards (risks), and implement effective controls (corrective solutions).
- Lead incident investigation process, including root cause analysis and identification of corrective action plans.
- Interface with regulatory bodies (OSHA, EPA, State/Local Regulators)
- Facilitate the completion of a site-wide annual HSE training plan.
- Participate in formal HSE reviews of existing equipment modifications, new equipment purchases, and changes in site processes.
- Ensure that required regulatory permits are acquired, that reports are submitted to regulatory agencies, and any site permit conditions (e.g. sampling, recordkeeping) are met.
- Achieve annual targets for incident frequency, severity and related cost reductions.
Education and Certifications:
- Degree in Occupational EHS discipline, Science or Engineering preferred
- Professional EHS certification or the desire to attain certification (CIH, CSP, CHMM, and / or PE)
- 5+ years of Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE, EHS) experience in a manufacturing environment required
- Functional HSE Knowledge in regulatory requirements, HSE technical aspects (safety, industrial hygiene, environmental), risk management, behavior-based safety, training, auditing / program review, regulatory agency enforcement, HSE vendor / consultant management, business knowledge required
- Proven track record in driving cultural change in HSE
- Experience in a food manufacturing environment preferred
Skills & Capabilities:
- Strong communication skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and influence management skills
- Incumbent must be able to prioritize and perform multiple tasks without losing momentum while also completing all daily tasks efficiently and effectively
- Must be willing and able to travel 5-10% of the time
Relocation Eligible: Eligible for Limited Relocation
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com
Apply early because employers may close the job listing any time.