This position contributes to the success of the Pepsi Beverages Company by ensuring regulatory compliance (OSHA, EPA, and DOT), accident / injury prevention and will work to support implementation of the North American Beverage (NAB) Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Management Systems. This position reports to the Market EHS Manager and will work to support implementation of the NAB EHS Management Systems. The ideal candidate will have broad knowledge in employee safety and environmental regulations as well as have OSHA, EPA, and DOT compliance experience and be skilled at implementing processes that will lead to sustained EHS performance improvements.
Major Tasks, Key Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
- Implement, execute, ensure compliance with the Pepsi Beverages Company’s Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
- Support execution, implementation, and tracking of the site’s annual EHS Plan.
- Build capability of site resources to support implementation of EHS programming.
- Lead a site-wide system, Program Element (PE) process, to identify and evaluate hazards (risks), and implement effective controls (corrective solutions).
- Lead incident investigation process, including root cause analysis and identification of corrective action plans.
- Interface with regulatory bodies (DOT, State/Local Regulators)
- Facilitate the completion of a site-wide annual EHS training plan.
- Lead DOT compliance processes, including driver qualification, hours of service, vehicle condition reporting, drug testing, road-side stops and incident logs.
- Establish process to ensure driver capability (T.E.S.T. Drive).
- Achieve annual targets for incident frequency, severity and related cost reductions.
- Demonstrate solid employee relations experience, interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Display strong problem solving, organizational and analytical skills.
- Demonstrate professional maturity and ability to act as a change leader.
- Bachelor's Degree is required. Safety degree and/or related certifications are strongly preferred
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills including public speaking skills and presence in meetings and training environment
- Use PC and related software (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Handle multiple priorities and meet critical deadlines
- Certification in Smith System, T.E.S.T. Drive or similar defensive driving system is preferred
Relocation Eligible: Eligible for Limited Relocation
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com
Apply early because employers may close the job listing any time.