We have an urgent need for an experienced Project Manager to join our Sustainability Report Assurance and GHG/EHS data verification business, which is growing rapidly in North America, and this position provides the opportunity to play a crucial role in its future development.
The ideal candidate will manage a range of Sustainability Report Assurance and EHS/GHG data verification engagements across the region.
ERM Certification and Verification Services (ERM CVS) is a global provider of independent third party certification, verification and assurance services.
ERM CVS, part of ERM Group with offices in 40 countries and around 4,500 sustainability professionals, is dedicated to providing its clients with a quality, value added service. Our global Corporate Assurance team is located in London with a growing hub in the US. We are supported by the wider ERM Group network, and often use local verification staff drawn from ERM regional offices.
- To manage the delivery of sustainability report assurance and data verification engagements in North America, ensuring that ERM CVS maintains and advances its reputation as a provider of high quality and independent verification and assurance services.
- To lead engagement teams following ERM CVS methodologies and procedures.
- To manage the scope, schedule and project budgets, including proposal development, updating of internal budget tracking tools, and invoicing of multiple complex projects.
- To contribute to the overall development of ERM CVS’ global report assurance and data verification services through development of client relationships, and internal ERM relationships.
- To support the recruitment, development and training of staff as the business develops
OTHER REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS ROLE
- Travel as required (between 20 – 30% mainly concentrated in calendar first quarter), sometimes at short notice.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
The successful candidate will be degree qualified and ideally demonstrate the following:
- Understanding of sustainability/CSR reporting standards and guidelines including the GRI Standards, IIRC Framework, SASB and CDP/GHG Protocol.
- Understanding of report assurance and verification standards, including ISAE3000 and AA1000AS (knowledge of ISAE3410 or ISO14064:3 for GHG assurance an advantage)
- Understanding of assurance and verification processes
- Knowledge in the key areas of Climate Change and GHG emissions reporting
- A broad knowledge and interest in global environmental and social issues and the challenges faced by business and society
- A willingness to learn and enthusiasm to contribute to our business
- Commercial acumen and the ability to develop proposals, negotiate, and develop contacts with clients
- Demonstrable strong task management, writing and communication skills
- Strong analytical, numerical and problem solving skills
- Moderate to strong ability with Microsoft Excel (or similar)
- An independent and skeptical mind set
- At least 3 years’ experience in sustainability reporting and assurance/verification processes
If you would thrive in a fast-moving and challenging environment, are committed to excellence, enthusiastic with high energy levels and enjoy travel, then we would welcome the opportunity to talk to you.
Please apply with your latest resumé and a cover letter outlining why you are interested in this opportunity.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com