The Director, Conservation Strategy plays a key role in the implementation of the National Audubon Society’s conservation strategies—climate, coasts, water and working lands – in Texas. Reporting to the Vice President & Executive Director s/he will provide direct strategy services, manage conservation priorities and opportunities for the state, engaging network conservation leadership, staff and stakeholders to ensure strategies are fully integrated across the network. The Director, Conservation Strategy is an effective collaborator who works across the organization to ensure that short and long-term conservation objectives are well defined at all levels and milestones are met. The ideal candidate will have experience working with local stakeholders within the Texas conservation space.
- Conservation strategy. Build state conservation plan and budget, in coordination with state office and flyway leaders, the finance department and the conservation senior leadership team, to advance the conservation priorities. This includes direct engagement in annual planning and budgeting processes with state, flyway and conservation leadership.
- Conservation operations. Build relationships across state with conservation stakeholders, conservation leadership team and other divisions of Audubon to ensure the effective and efficient execution of conservation strategies in the state and flyway. Assist in identification of staff and/or business partners to meet conservation goals.
- State conservation implementation. Provide direct support to state office and flyway leadership in executing conservation plans coordinating with Conservation leadership and other divisions (i.e., science, policy, network, development).
- Conservation coordination. Ensure collaboration and active communications among partners and other stakeholders, flyway and Conservation leadership.
- External relations and fundraising. Represent Audubon Texas and help raise its profile and visibility to funders, partners, policymakers, and the public. Play an active role with Executive Director, Texas-based development staff and the National Development team in helping promote fundraising for conservation strategies and priority projects.
Qualifications and Experience
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com