Join our Seattle team as ICF’s newest Environmental Planner. The right candidate will bring experience and enthusiasm for local projects in the State of Washington and have an appetite for career growth and development.
The primary duties of the Environmental Planner are to manage mid-sized projects and assist senior project managers with larger project/program coordination and environmental impact analyses for planning and development, transportation/ports, infrastructure, and energy projects. This role could include supporting multiple project managers on a variety of project types, but with particular focus on transportation projects.
- Environmental Compliance + Project Delivery: Development and delivery of high quality environmental documents for natural resource and infrastructure projects in compliance with the requirements of the Washington State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA) the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA).
- Strong Project Management: Oversee all aspects of project management, including client contact, cost estimating and budget control, invoicing, schedule, project staffing, technical approach, and quality control.
- Effective Communication: Coordinate with agencies, applicants, and project staff to manage and prepare environmental documents and supporting technical studies for natural resource and infrastructure projects.
- Technical Strengths: Provide oversight of technical disciplines and apply understanding of the regulatory requirements to support project delivery.
- Business Development: Participate in strategic business development pursuits and contribute to growth, including client meetings and proposal preparation.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in environmental management, environmental science, urban planning, public policy, or related subjects
- At least 5 years of experience managing NEPA and/or SEPA projects, particularly land use development and transportation projects.
- Experience in a private environmental consulting or public agency environment.
- Work experience with ports, transportation/transit agencies, state/county/city planning agencies, or regulatory agencies in the State of California.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of environmental planning and other environmental principles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience interfacing with external clients, members of the general public, and government officials.
- Strong analytical skills, including attention to detail.
- Strong project management skills, including ability to take and give direction, stay organized, and manage time effectively.
- Commitment to overseeing production of quality work within established budgets and schedules.
- Strong work ethic with a positive attitude.
- Ability to exercise tact and courtesy working with internal staff.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project) and Microsoft Project.
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, policy specialists, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success. Key markets and practices include environmental planning and policy development, impact and risk assessment, evaluation and compliance, and restoration and conservation. ICF works at the center of environmental and sustainable programs, helping clients consider the impact of economics, health, policy, culture, and climate on the world’s ecosystem. To explore global career opportunities in ICF’s environment and climate programs, visit www.icf.com/careers. ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce. ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com