The Environmental Construction Engineer executes and manages projects within the scope, budget, and time schedule established. The Environmental Construction Engineer leads planning, development of engineering disciplines for assigned projects. He/she also supports management staff in completing engineering design, technical research, as well as plans, specifications, and report preparation. Knowledge in soil and groundwater remediation technologies, soil and groundwater investigations, preparation of work plans, and experienced in remedial design and construction.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited program, plus a minimum of 4 to 6 years related experience in the design, construction and operation of environmental remediation systems.
- Professional Engineer licensure required.
- Assigns tasks to and directs engineers, technicians, and administrative staff
- Able to analyze, interpret and present data.
- Able to meet time sensitive deadlines and carry out multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Maintains a valid driver’s license and is able to travel.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software.
- Understanding CAD programs including AutoDesk Civil 3D and AutoCAD. Understanding of Bently Microstation and ERSI Arc Map a plus.
- Able to complete requests for proposals, explain scopes of work (RFP) and obtain vendor quotes.
- Effective organizational skills to maintain deliverables, analytical results, and field notes in project files.
- Effective oral and communication skills to assist with report writing, proposal preparation, and engineering/construction cost estimates.
- Able to work effectively in group settings and direct Engineering Assistant on design and investigative tasks.
- Active member of professional organization suited to specific practice area is a plus.
- The Environmental Construction Engineer shall be in direct responsible charge of all engineering work requiring his/her engineer’s seal. The Environmental Construction Engineer is responsible for the direction, control and supervision of engineering and/or surveying work to assure that the work product has been critically examined and evaluated for compliance with appropriate professional standards by a licensee in that profession, and by sealing or signing the documents.
- Perform various engineering related calculations and analyses of information in the application of the basic design criteria in conformance with Weston’s Engineering Quality Management Plan and as necessary to complete assigned projects.
- Collaborates with engineers, CAD technicians, field technicians, designers, and other team personnel to complete projects efficiently and accurately.
- Assists the Project Manager in estimating and tracking project costs. The Environmental Construction Engineer should have a working knowledge of the procedures which are necessary to execute a sound and efficient project, with the ultimate goal of developing good project management techniques.
- Coordinates the preparation of data tabulation/evaluation and reports. Coordination of report production and development of engineering designs and specifications. Perform quality control (QC) checks.
- Performs field assignments including resident engineering, construction observation, site inspections, and conducting field assessment of properties.
- Prepares daily QC reports; maintain field notes and photo documentation as required.
- Assists with proposal preparation and development of project costs.
- Interacts with clients regarding project specific tasks.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com