When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
The diverse team of people on our Environment, Health and Safety (EH&S) team are motivated by an ambitious goal: to make UTC Aerospace Systems the safest, healthiest aerospace company – with the smallest environmental footprint – on the planet. Join us as we continue to lead the way in safety culture, environmental excellence and regulatory compliance.
- Evaluates potential hazards and provides recommendations for corrective action. Investigates accidents and near misses to determine root cause and provides recommendations for corrective action.
- Recognizes and evaluates conditions that are potentially hazardous to health, facilities, equipment and product.
- Assists in the implementation of the company's safety, health and environmental related policies, procedures and programs.
- Develop and maintain facility EH&S improvement strategy.
- Develop and implement EH&S improvement programs in a lean manufacturing environment using government regulations as a guide.
- Obtains necessary environmental permits.
- Ensures workplace conditions comply with applicable Federal and State occupational and health standard provisions.
- Trains employees on programs required by federal, state, local and company requirements.
- Conducts weekly / monthly safety meetings.
- Acts as the facility liaison with regulatory agencies.
- Maintains, tracks and reports chemicals, their usage, emissions, and compliance with Federal and State regulations.
- Ensures all required records are prepared and maintained.
- Conducts audits of assigned areas for unsafe conditions and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Manages and oversees Workers’ Compensation program & claims.
- Reduce lost-time injuries and insure the return-to-work program remains effective.
- Provide advice, consultation, and technical expertise on safe working conditions and healthful work environments.
- Assess and conduct accident investigations and job safety analysis
- Recommend and implement necessary actions to ensure the safety and health of all employees, customers and visitors as well as compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Actively participate as Incident Commander for the site Emergency Response Team. Develop, coordinate and present training programs for safety and health related subjects.
- Responsible for interfacing with managers and employees to make them aware of the hazards in the surrounding work environment and provide them with recommendations to work safely and minimize the hazards.
- Manage personal protective equipment program.
- Provide emergency first aid care as needed, as a member of the Emergency Response Team.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Education: Bachelors Degree with 5+ years of related experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com