The administrative assistant will be based in Washington, D.C., and support environment staff in the United States and internationally. This position may be assigned to support one or two specific projects and directors initially but those assignments may change as needed as environment’s projects constantly evolve. Responsibilities include supporting staff by proofreading documents, preparing mailings, maintaining databases, scheduling and preparing meetings, managing expense reimbursements, and coordinating travel.
The administrative assistant may participate in regular project meetings and is encouraged to develop a general understanding Pew’s environment work. The successful candidate will need to be experienced in such a role and be able to demonstrate a high degree of independence and initiative in delivering organizational elements of the role.
- Provide administrative support to project directors to include calendar management and meeting planning.
- Handle key administrative functions for project staff including: proofreading and revising documents; coordinating and preparing physical and electronic mailings; updating and maintaining databases; answering telephone calls; scheduling and preparing for meetings; copying; faxing; filing; and word processing.
- Assist with the preparation of briefing books and other materials.
- Help prepare for and submit payment expense reports, invoices, and credit card coding reports. Track payments, as requested.
- Handle travel arrangements for program activities and assist, as needed, with staff and third party travel reservations and planning.
- Assist with research online and/or liaise with the Philadelphia PCT library staff.
- Contribute to and participate in tasks and special projects as requested.
- A minimum of five years of administrative experience in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- High school diploma required; college degree preferred.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills; ability to handle several projects at different stages simultaneously and a strong capacity to track details are required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (including proofreading) and the ability to express oneself concisely and clearly using correct grammar.
- Attention to detail without losing sight of the bigger picture, conscientious approach to work and ability to anticipate needs and be proactive. Monitors and double-checks work and information for accuracy and quality.
- A very good command of English language.
- Flexibility to work as part of a team or independently to meet goals. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Sound judgment and discretion in handling confidential information, as well as the ability to conduct oneself in a courteous and highly professional manner. Makes decisions or choices wisely, after adequately contemplating various courses of action and their potential repercussions.
- Ability to understand organizational structure and work through administrative systems and processes. Asks appropriate questions to facilitate work being completed.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of products and electronic calendar systems is required. Ability to quickly learn software.
Compensation and Benefits
As this is a full-time position, we offer a competitive salary and complete benefit program, including: comprehensive, affordable health care through medical, dental and vision coverage; financial security with life and disability insurance; opportunities to save using health savings and flexible spending accounts; retirement benefits to help prepare for the future; and work/life benefits to help you maintain a good balance.
The Pew Charitable Trusts is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Pew considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, sex, ethnicity, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity, military/veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com