At KLJ, we love creativity, moving forward, and bringing ideas to life. Our work is more than a project, it's a long-term solution for the communities in which we live and work. We are committed to providing an exceptional experience to our customers – every project, every time. We reimagine what projects can be through innovative planning, design, and support of infrastructure projects of all shapes and sizes. Join our team and reimagine what your career can be.
Senior Environmental Planner/Project Manager to provide NEPA compliance and managing permitting and field studies in either the Power (wind, solar) and Energy (natural gas, electric transmission, oil and gas), Mining, Infrastructure, or Transit. This role will assist in securing work and leading efforts in managing the complexities of permitting and environmental documentation services for KLJ.
- Project Management for complex projects
- Responsible for contracts, scope of services, schedules and budgets
- Review for Quality Assurance and Quality Control and ensure compliance with KLJ quality standards
- Facilitate meetings with stakeholders, the public and clients
- Liaison between client, agencies and team members
- Effectively deal with difficult situations and confrontation both internally and externally
- Utilize effective written and oral communication
- Manage multiple project teams
- Provide direction, review, and support to the group by leading projects; assuring proper practices and techniques
- Confer with project team members and clients to lead, prepare, and participate in project proposals and interviews
- Ability to manage, mentor and train staff.
- Assist with and coordinate client management activities
- May have supervisory responsibilities for group members and support staff including hiring, promoting, terminations, performance reviews, and training
- A four year degree in Environmental studies or closely related field is required
- Experience level is 6+ years
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate motorized vehicles
- Project management experience is required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- GIS training is highly desired
- 10 + years of experience is desired
Hours and Travel
This position requires the individual work 40+ hours per week with 95% of the time spent in the office and 5% in the field.
The physical demands described represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
The employee is regularly required to:
- Sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear and communicate clearly
The employee must:
- Be able to walk on uneven terrain up to ten miles per day
- Frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 75 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the US. KLJ does not sponsor applicants for employment-based visas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.