Salary: $49,937 (Step 01) to $64,917 (Step 10); NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
In order to be eligible for an appointment under the Pathways Recent Graduate Program you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a recent graduate who has completed, within the previous two years, an associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution such as an accredited technical or vocational school; a 2- or 4-year college or university; a graduate or professional school (e.g., law school, medical school); or a post-secondary home school curriculum. Note: Certificate program is defined as post-secondary education in a qualifying educational institution equal to at least one academic year of full-time study that’s part of an accredited college-level, technical, trade, vocational, or business school curriculum;
- You must be currently enrolled in a qualifying degree program as described above AND expect to complete your degree requirements no later than May 2018. If you do not complete your degree requirements by May 2018 you will be ineligible for consideration under this program.
- Veterans who were precluded from applying due to their military service obligation begin their 2-year eligibility period upon release or discharge from active duty; however, eligibility for these veterans cannot exceed 6 years from the date on which the degree or certificate was obtained. The date of release or discharge from active duty should be later than the date the degree or certificate was obtained.
Learn more about this agency
As a Geologist with the USGS Science Publishing Network, some of your specific duties will include:
- Assisting with consultations to scientists and their representatives on appropriate publication mediums for presenting the results of scientific work; planning of thematic maps and illustrations; designing the layout of maps or illustrations as well as accuracy of formatting against accepted cartographic standards.
- Reviewing drafts of maps and accompanying texts, illustrations, structure sections, explanations, and tables for technical accuracy, clarity, and format.
- Checking production plots showing layout as well as color, symbol, and patters selections.
- Assisting with production, web presence, and printing of thematic maps and illustrations.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel up to 1-2 nights per month may be required.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com
$49,937 to $64,917 per year. Pay scale & grade GS 07.