The Environmental Specialist's primary work responsibility will be to conduct field assessments and documentation of environmental resources for oil & gas industry and other energy-related projects, but may be tasked to assist on other projects as needed. The individual will assist in the compilation of data and preparation of reports and permitting documents as directed by Task Managers and Project Managers. This position will afford an excellent opportunity for the individual to expand their experience and knowledge base in federal and state environmental regulations and methodologies in PA, OH, WV, and the surrounding region.
Join GAI and make your mark among a team of engineering, planning, and environmental consultants that provides innovative solutions to energy, transportation, development, government, and industrial clients worldwide. 60 years strong and 100-percent employee owned, GAI is the right place for talented and motivated individuals who seek to distinguish themselves in a company poised for unlimited growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform environmental field surveys including but not limited to wetland and stream delineations, endangered species surveys, environmental inspections and compliance monitoring.
• Data collection using handheld GPS.
• Prepare permit applications and associated environmental reports.
• Must be flexible; travel will be expected as part of this position.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Environmental Science, or related field.
• 0-2 years of experience conducting environmental field surveys in PA and surrounding states; oil and gas experience a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and technical writing ability.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications; ArcGIS experience a plus.
• Strong work ethic with a desire to learn.
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
• Must be familiar with local flora of the Northeast and/or Midwest and have the ability to identify upland and wetland vegetation; experience using field guides and dichotomous keys required.
• Knowledge of Section 401/404 permitting a plus; experience conducting ORAM and HHEI/QHEI evaluations preferred, but not required.
• Knowledge of/experience with U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Wetland Delineation Manual (1987) and Regional Supplements preferred.
• A valid Driver’s License is required.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com