Summary: GAI Consultants, Inc. is seeking an Environmental Compliance Monitor that can support environmental compliance monitoring for energy projects, in particular, monitoring of erosion and sediment control devices on electric transmission and/or natural gas pipeline rights of way.
Join GAI and make your mark among a team of engineering, planning, and environmental consultants that provides innovative solutions to energy, transportation, development, government, and industrial clients worldwide. 60 years strong and 100-percent employee owned, GAI is the right place for talented and motivated individuals who seek to distinguish themselves in a company poised for unlimited growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide environmental compliance monitoring for linear energy projects; in particular, monitoring of erosion and sediment control devices on electric transmission and/or natural gas pipeline rights of way.
· Provide regulatory and technical support to plan, coordinate, monitor, and ensure compliance with client's permits, plans, approvals, and applicable environmental regulations.
· Skills to perform water and waste sampling in an industrial setting as well as oversight of characterization process of sample collected.
· Prepare reports in formats provided by clients.
· Familiar with and able to provide assistance with spills, spill reporting requirements, and discharge monitoring reports.
· Familiarity with sampling methods and waste handling.
· Must be willing to work flexible hours and overtime, including weekends
· Domestic travel required
Physical Demands and/or Other Job Information (if applicable): Candidate may be required to lift 40 lbs regularly. The position requires the individual to walk/hike over rough ground and steep terrain, and work outdoors in adverse weather conditions
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com