The Cadmus Group seeks an entry-level professional to provide both administrative and technical support to our growing International Environment and Development Practice. The practice supports the environmentally and socially sound design and implementation of international development projects in Africa, Latin America/Caribbean, Eurasia, the Middle East, and Asia/Pacific funded by USAID and other donors.
Duties will initially be about 75% administrative, with technical elements growing over the first year to a more even balance between the two. No or very limited international travel is anticipated during the first year; following the first year this professional may travel as needed (up to 10% time) to support trainings, assessments and other field work in developing countries.
- Maintain project and financial management controls and processes by supporting internal and client cost and activity tracking and reporting requirements, and serving as a primary administrative/financial point of contact for subcontractors.
- Monitor spending within and across the practice’s projects; performs accurate analysis and projection of financial status and reports; support preparation of invoices and financial reports.
- Serve as a resource for practice staff on contractual and administrative inquiries.
- Provide logistics support for local and international meetings, field visits, training workshops, and similar activities.
- Copyedit and facilitate document production, and translate documents as needed.
- Conduct research, analysis, and writing to support the completion of technical materials and deliverables in the areas of environmental compliance and management, environmental and social impact assessments, climate risk and vulnerability assessments, and/or related areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following: Environmental, Earth, or Climate Sciences; Natural Resources Management; Tropical Agriculture; Public Health; Social Sciences with clear focus in international development; or a related discipline.
- Demonstrated facility completing program or organizational administrative tasks, including excellent organizational skills and attention to detail and ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, and ability to quickly and accurately synthesize complex issues.
- Proactive, responsive and resourceful, with exceptional problem-solving skills and capacity to identify and address issues independently and coordinate varied activities with superiors, colleagues, and overseas field staff.
- Quick learner; seeks feedback and incorporates constructive suggestions into work.
- Strong team player with a sense of humor that is committed to collegiality and collaboration in the workplace.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word, and general proficiency in the broader MS Office suite of programs.
- Facility in Arabic, Spanish, French, Portuguese, or other relevant international development language (minimum Foreign Service Institute Level S2 & R2, or equivalent)
- Following the first year, availability for international travel to developing areas up to 10% of the time.
- Successful completion of an internship in a business consulting, environmental management, or government services setting.
- Previous experience with Salesforce and SharePoint platforms.
- Field-based international development experience gained through an academic, professional, or volunteer capacity.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter and writing sample.
Cadmus is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran’s status, or disability.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com