- Participates in monitoring well installations and sampling events
- Under close supervision, executes, supervises, and documents field aspects of environmental site assessment and remediation using standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Records data prepares reports, provides analysis and interpretations of findings based on scientific experimentation and existing knowledge
- Completes quarterly groundwater monitoring reports
- Performs hydrogeological assessments regarding groundwater flows to identify contamination impact and related concerns
- Compiles and completes field notes on each event/site
- Researches information relating to identifying geological formations and soil delineation studies and prepares reports and geological maps based on the findings
- Participates in the identification of viable remedial solutions consistent with all Federal, state, and local regulations
- Performs groundwater sampling, gauging and product bailing, and surveying
Skills & Requirements
Junior Geologist, Scientist or Engineer - Environmental Remediation (San Diego, California)
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in geology, environmental science, engineering or a related discipline.
- 0-2+ years of related experience.
- Experience with a behavior based health & safety program is a plus.
- Must be detail-oriented, and a team player with good communication, analytical, organization, and time management skills.
- Must have a clean driving record and be able to drive a company vehicle.
- Drug/Alcohol screening and a background check are required.
Our comprehensive benefits include: medical, dental, vision, prescription card, 401k, FSA, LTD, STD, New Parent Leave, 529 CollegeBound Fund, Tuition Assistance, Bonus Plan, and more.
GES is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that strongly values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com