At ADEQ our vision is to be the number one state in the nation in balanced, leading-edge environmental protection; through technical and operational excellence; and radical simplicity for customers and staff. We are looking for employees who are committed to our Agency, passionate to excel in their career and engaged in our mission. Only this caliber of employee will be successful in driving our Agency towards accomplishing our vision.
We are hiring a Hydrogeologist in our Waste Programs Division Remedial Projects Unit. You will review hydrogeological data and interpret analytical results; conduct risk analysis including evaluation, costing and implementation of site remediation. We will rely on you to oversee the strategy involved in technical work and will be a key player for technical oversight and guidance for highly complex facilities and/or project and specific process with an emphasis on hydrogeological principles and practices.
Do you think you have the combination of commitment, passion, and talent to help drive this Agency to realizing our vision? If so, apply today. To learn more about us, our organizational habits known as the ADEQ Way, our culture, and other positions we have open, visit us at DEQ/careers
Ideal candidate will possess:
· Master’s degree enviro/chemical engineering, hydrology, geology, environmental science/management, environmental studies, earth sciences preferred
· 2-4 years’ experience for level 2; 5 years’ experience for level 3; 8 years’ experience for level 4 (Masters/Doctorate may substitute for 2 years of experience above level 1; Doctorate may substitute for 4 years of experience above level 2)
· Required for level 4 - Professional Geologist certification through the Arizona Board of Technical Registration or an equivalent organization in a reciprocal jurisdiction
· 40-hr HAZWOPER certification desired
· Knowledge of bedrock drilling, bedrock hydrogeologic evaluation, mining remediation; knowledge of site sampling techniques; State/Federal environmental regulations; remedial cleanup technologies and cost estimating; subsurface contaminant behavior, including chemical processes and transformation contaminants undergo in the environment
· Excellent written and oral communication skills; work collaboratively in teams and across organizations
· Ability to apply statistics to environmental data during decision making process; hydrogeologic evaluation; identify data gaps; Ability to create contaminant maps in GIS, evaluate maps and cross sections and make assumptions regarding contaminant flow across the media; utilize site specific environmental data to create environmental models; present environmental data and findings to the public
To Apply: Search Job Id 37644 at https://azstatejobs.azdoa.gov/
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com