ENERCON Services is a premier employee-owned engineering, design and environmental services firm with an outstanding reputation for innovation, responsiveness, cost-effective solutions, and technical excellence. Our growth is fueled by the quality of work we perform as an EOC (Engineer of Choice) to a large base of the power facilities in the US, as well as to an expanding global customer base.
We are currently looking for a Principal Consultant within the ESG group, to be based in the Portland OR area, to join the ENERCON Team.
Key responsibilities include
- Manage project requirements related to National Environmental Policy Act, Endangered Species Act, Clean Water Act, and other resource planning/permitting, and/or natural resource disciplines.
- Prepare and evaluate requirements related to biological field studies, endangered species habitat assessments and mitigation strategies, state/local government permitting, construction monitoring, and other project deliverables.
- Basic use of current mapping technology such as ArcGIS, Google Earth, geodatabase management, topographic maps, aerial imagery photographs, GPS units, and other mapping tools to determine exact locations of survey areas, habitat types, and to evaluate environmental compliance considerations of a given action.
- Ability to support client and agency needs during all project processes.
- Supervise and mentor junior level staff in survey protocols, regulatory affairs, project management, development of new business opportunities, and technical scientific development.
Experience with renewable energy project development, including Critical Issues Analysis, Siting, Federal/State/Local Permitting, Compliance, Post-Construction Monitoring & Maintenance. Specific expertise in USFWS Section 7 & 10 Consultations, Eagle Take Permitting, Bald and Golden Eagle Protection Act, Wind Energy Guidelines, Eagle and Habitat Conservation Plans, Bird and Bat Conservation Strategy, Clean Water Act are strongly preferred.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in biology, botany, environmental science, natural resource management, or other related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of combined experience managing all aspects of projects, environmental consulting, or ecological studies including developing and implementing budgets, schedules, and scopes of work from pre-field tasks to final report preparation.
- Working knowledge of federal, state and/or local regulations (i.e., National Environmental Policy Act, Endangered Species Act, Clean Water Act, Migratory Bird Treaty Act) governing natural resource management.
- Highly organized and ability to manage the financial performance of direct reports and projects.
- Possess a demonstrated consulting acumen, including established credibility with federal and state reviewing agencies and clients, as well as success in business development and proposal writing.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com