Clean Earth is one of the largest processors of contaminated soils, dredged sediments, drill cuttings, industrial non-hazardous wastes, aerosol cans, consumer commodities, and hazardous wastes. 98% of the material we process is recycled or beneficially reused. We are the industry's Trusted Solutions Provider.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other safety assessments to support environmental, health, and safety (EH&S) management.
- Maintain relevant EH&S logs and documentation.
- Assist in the compliance of applicable laws and regulations.
- Prepare applicable EH&S reports as necessary.
- Provide assistance and advice on EH&S issues to make recommendations to facility management.
- Participate in incident investigations and Root Cause Analysis
- Assist in the development and presentation of relevant EH&S training
- Observe EH&S regulations, wear all required safety equipment, encourage safe working practices, correct obvious hazards immediately or report them to the proper personnel.
- Maintain positive and proactive relations with managers and employees, as well as our customers and regulatory agencies.
- Comply with all company and EH&S procedures and policies.
- Tour the operating areas on a regular basis to establish EH&S presence and provide support
- Conduct daily and monthly EH&S Meetings/Trainings and schedule as needed.
- Write, implement, and manage EH&S Programs, Policies and Procedures
- Perform facility EH&S Inspections
- Evaluate PPE and ensure proper use and maintenance of PPE
- Enforce compliance of Regulatory requirements (i.e. OSHA, EPA, etc.), including company EH&S policies and procedures.
- Oversee Hazardous Waste Storage area and ensure regulatory agency compliance i.e. labeling, containment, proper disposal, documentation, etc.
- Perform Storm Water Discharge sampling and document events
- Assist in emergency response and provide first aid treatment.
- Assist in developing Job Hazard Analysis (JHA)
- Follow Fall Protection program, inspect all fall protection equipment and maintain inspection records.
- Assist in administering and maintaining compliance programs such as LOTO, Hazard Communication, EAP, Hearing Conservation, Hot Work, Respiratory Protection, BBP, etc.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by EH&S manager.
Ideal candidates will possess the following:
- BS Degree in Environmental Sciences or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 year experience in an Environmental, Health and Safety position; Technical writing a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com