Clean Earth is one of the largest processors of contaminated soils, dredged sediments, drill cuttings, industrial non-hazardous wastes, aerosol cans, consumer commodities, and hazardous wastes. 98% of the material we process is recycled or beneficially reused. We are the industry's Trusted Solutions Provider.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other safety assessments to support Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) management.
- Maintain relevant EH&S logs and documentation.
- Assist in the compliance of applicable laws and regulations.
- Prepare applicable EH&S reports as necessary.
- Provide assistance and advice on EH&S issues to make recommendations to facility management.
- Participate in incident investigations and Root Cause Analysis
- Assist in the development and presentation of relevant EH&S training
- Observe EH&S regulations, wear all required safety equipment, encourage safe working practices, correct obvious hazards immediately or report them to the proper personnel.
- Maintain positive and proactive relations with managers and employees, as well as customers and regulatory agencies.
- Walk the operating areas on a regular basis to establish EH&S presence and provide support.
- Implement, and manage EH&S Programs, Policies and Procedures
- Have knowledge and enforce compliance of Regulatory requirements (i.e. OSHA, EPA, etc.), including company EH&S policies and procedures.
- Assist in administering and maintaining compliance programs such as LOTO, Hazard Communication, EAP, Hearing Conservation, Hot Work, Respiratory Protection, BBP, etc.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by EH&S manager.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- BS/BA in related discipline preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 0-3 years of experience in the EHS field preferred or experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work effectively with employees and managers at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrate knowledge and principles of field and apply through successful completion of assignments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with the ability/desire to lead tasks.
- Keen attention to detail
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com