Schnabel Engineering, Inc., is searching for an entry-level Engineering Geologist to join our office in Greensboro, NC.
Primary responsibilities are related to civil, geotechnical, and environmental projects and include, but are not limited to:
- Work on a variety of field projects ranging from construction observation, to geotechnical drilling observation, to environmental remediation.
- Schedule, coordinate, and oversee fieldwork in conjunction with the project manager.
- Assist with report writing and preparation.
Qualifications for the position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering geology, geology, or geological engineering. A Master’s degree and/or work experience is preferred, but not required; training will be provided as needed.
- Ability to obtain and maintain 40 hour OSHA Hazwoper certification and medical screening after employment.
- Proficiency in report preparation including technical writing, data analysis, and presentation software such as Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proficiency in ArcGIS and CAD (desired, not required) and the desire to learn new software related to the engineering/geology/environmental fields.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to drive a company vehicle and travel in state and out of state (sometimes for extended periods) for field work as dictated by project demands.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 35 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions.
- Ability to work overtime during weekdays and occasionally weekends as needed.
- Ability to pass a background check which may include criminal history, motor vehicle record and credit check.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screening.
The desired candidate must be a team player with the ability to handle a fast-paced working environment. Candidates must be detail-oriented and efficient, possess good oral and written communication, and have good organizational and time management skills. The candidate must also be willing to learn new skills as required.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com